Summer has arrived in most parts of the US now and that means it’s time to break out the shorts! I don’t know about you, but that alone has me sweatin’ bullets. I know there are people who love shorts and some who don’t love them… you can count me in that second crowd. I try to be totally honest and open with you ladies about my own favorite and least favorite parts of my body so I’m not going to pretend I love my legs.
What that really means is that if you struggle with shorts in the summer, you’re not alone. I live in Florida so shorts are a fact of life and I have learned to accept my body and to dress accordingly so that I accentuate my best features and draw attention away from my least favorite places. It’s okay to have parts you don’t love as much as others. I have learned a thing or two about finding the right shorts for my body, and today, I’m sharing those tips with you.
Here’s the long and short of it!
1. Your shorts ought to be comfy! If you already do not like wearing shorts, buying a pair that don’t even feel right is not going to do you any good. Find shorts that are comfy, soft, and flexible. If you don’t particularly love the way you look in shorts, finding some that feel comfortable on your body is a good place to start.
2. You can size up when you buy shorts if you need to. When it comes to shorts, a little big is always going to be better than too tight or too short. Don’t let yourself feel any shame when you grab a size that’s not your usual. Your mission here is to look and feel good and that number doesn’t matter!
3. We have all been there… Found that piece of clothing that fits just right in all the right places. It feels great and you love it so much you want it in every color! Well, if you find that unicorn pair of shorts, girl, get all the colors/shades/washes! We are looking for fit and function, so go ahead and get a few pairs if you know you love them.
4. Elastic waist shorts that are adjustable are amazing. This hardly needs an explanation… Loosen them if you need to, no need to feel restricted anymore! One piece rompers are a great option as well.
5. If you don’t love your legs, get longer shorts, not shorter ones. And don’t go with high-rise! If you carry your weight in your middle, high-rise shorts are not going to serve you well. Longer shorts will cover more of your legs, and you can wear a belt or try different ways of tucking your shirt to provide some dimension to your body.
If these tips help you find a great pair of shorts or you need further assistance, leave a comment! I would love to help you find the styles you need to live a well-curated life and feel good from the inside out.