Fourth of July is just around the corner which means that summer is in full swing! I love hanging with friends & family, being outdoors, grilling out and just chillin’.
I’m excited to throw together an easy menu for the family! This recipes is fun to make with the kids and it’s total crowd pleaser!
4th of July Fruit Kabobs
– Strawberries – raspberries also work for the red fruit.
– Bananas – you can also substitute marshmallows for the white. Angel food cake or pound cake also make great ideas. Just cut into cubes.
– Package of wooden skewers
1. For the first few kabobs, I add blueberries to the top of the skewer to look like the blue part of our American flag. I alternated the white and red fruits to simulate the stripes on the flag. I was not at all worried about accuracy here, I was just going for the basic look of the flag.
2. Once you get to the other side of the “flag”, you don’t need to add blueberries since you don’t need stars on that side. Just alternate strawberries and bananas toward the end.
3. To keep cold: Put the platter directly on ice. Just sit the fruit tray right on top.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Eating on a Dime.