– 2 cups sugar (or 2 cups Monkfruit Sweetener for a lower calorie version)
– 1 3/4 cups flour
– 1/2 cup cocoa
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 5 eggs
– 1 cup canola oil (or 1 cup unsweetened applesauce also for a lower calorie version)
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 cup chips – I used 1/3 cup semisweet, 1/3 cup milk, and 1/3 cup white
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 9 x 13″ pan with cooking spray.
2. In mixer bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa and salt and mix on low until combined.
3. Add eggs, oil (or applesauce), and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle chips over the top.
5. Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. The edges will pull away from the pan and center should look set, not wet at all.
6. Let cool completely before cutting.
If you cut the brownies into 24 pieces and follow the original recipe, the calories count is 230 per brownie. If you use the two substitutions, the calorie count goes down to 92 calories per brownie!
Click HERE for a printable version of these recipes.