Happy Halloween Weekend! One of the things I am loving about being back on the West Coast is all the yummy Mexican food! California does Mexican food right and I can’t get enough of it.
I found this yummy Spicy Salsa Verde Chicken recipe that cooks for hours in a crock pot and it was a family hit (it’s rare all six of us eat and enjoy the same meal). It’s super easy and oh so yummy!! I am making it for our Halloween block party.
This is a great weekday recipe as you put all the ingredients in, forget about it and the house smells heavenly!
SPICY SALSA VERDE CHICKEN
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
16oz jar Frontera Foods Tomatillo Salsa
1 white onion, chopped
2 poblano peppers, sliced
26 oz can Whole Tomatillo’s
1 jalapeno, chopped
4 oz can green chilies, diced
10 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lime
Queso Fresco (crumbly Mexican cheese)
1. Place chicken breast in slow cooker
2. Chop, slice and dice peppers, onions and mince garlic
3. Add salsa, can chilies and tomatillos (with all the juices)
4. Squeeze juice of lime
5. Mix all ingredients well and cover
6. Cook for 6-8 hours on low
7. Serve over rice or quinoa or in a corn or flour tortilla as a mini taco.
I like to top mine with sliced avocado, crumbled fresco and fresh cilantro!
It’s SOOO yummy!
Please tag @calygirlstyld and #what’scookingwithcalygirl when you make yours!